The Unknown

I think we need to discuss the unknown. We need to approach the idea that is really difficult for people like me, the not knowing. And especially in today’s climate, everybody must feel this at some point. 
When I finished my GCSE’s, it was kind of a ‘what now’ predicament. But nevertheless, I pushed through and went to do a course that I knew I would love. And then after that, I fell into a Midwifery degree that at the time I thought was what I wanted to do. AND THEN I CHANGED MY MIND. If I can teach anyone anything, it’s got to be that changing your mind is okay and nothing is permanent. When I moved back home I was at an all-time low, but guess what, things get f-ing better. Even if at the time you want to tell everyone to bugger off and leave you alone, you manage, and you pick yourself up. And there isn’t a time limit on this either. 
Even after all this, I know there is still the elephant in the room between adults and young people, in that we should all know exactly what we want to do and where we want to go with it. It’s just not the truth. 
This weekend, Will was home and in his bedroom was his booklet from year six where he has written his hopes and dreams. In that, only one dream is still true. And that is to be surrounded by dogs when he’s ‘older’. Which if you know Will, that’s him down to a t. His other dreams were ones of being a policeman which he has now taken a different path in life which will now take him to his new dream of product design. (which he is amazing at). 
So moral of the story
Changing your mind is perfectly okay. 
You can conquer whatever comes in your way. 
Screw the opinions of others. 
Harri x

ps. Please don't forget- WE ARE STILL FUNDRAISING, so follow the link below 
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/fiandharrisadventures 

Comments

Popular Posts