breezy cheeks

My mum decided to do a really lovely thing and do some of my washing whilst I was away over new year’s, but I came back and my jeans were feeling on the tighter side, as they always do when they come out of the wash! So I did a little jean dance to get them loosened up and, you guessed it, RIP! The cheeks were exposed once again! 
I head onto ASOS and for those that know me, this is my all-time favourite, and I reordered the exact same pair of jeans. Well the package came, the quality was atrocious and amongst all the swearing, I was definitely not impressed as they wouldn’t go over my bum. So as ASOS do other brands, I thought I might try some Pull and Bear ones, NOPE. Same thing although I couldn’t get these ones passed my knees. And at this point, I’m freaking out, the little anxiety voice in my head is telling me all sorts, and I mean surely, I didn’t put on the weight of the entire turkey over Christmas! 
At this point, my room is an absolute tip, clothes flying everywhere, and I try on all my other trousers which are my size that I have always bought and they all fit so why don’t these? I look myself in the mirror and say, do not let this get to you girl, we’re going to have to go jean shopping. Which of course, is probably the worst type of shopping, ever. So I brave it out, head into our local shopping centre and try on three different pairs of jeans from three different shops, all high-waisted ‘mom’ style jeans, and you guessed it…another nightmare. FINALLY, in amongst the clothing aisle of new look, a pair of jeans screamed to me, and they were perfect, I actually felt like how Cinderella must’ve felt when her slipper finally got returned to her. 
And it is things like this, which I really hate doing which reap the best rewards. I know it might sound silly, but for me managing to find some that I feel comfortable in is a victory, a small one, but one at that!

From this utter crazy, know that:

You are perfect the way you are. Stupid shops are the ones who need to get their acts together.

Other people’s worries may sound ridiculous to you, but to that individual they are a big deal, so do NOT undermine it. 

These things happen to everyone. You are not alone, and the ‘perfect’ model isn’t so perfect and has all the same thoughts about it too. 

LOVE YOURSELF – I think we all need this one sometimes!

harri xx

Comments

Popular Posts